We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn More.
Having proper shoes is not only important for regular day to day use, it is also essential when you have knee pain or foot pain.
There are many causes of knee pain but most of the time wearing the wrong footwear is the main cause.
Finding the right shoes online would be a tricky little bit, but in this article, I’m going to show you everything from start to finish.
You will see best knee pain relief shoes for both men and female, how to chose best knee pain relief shoes if you saw anyone in the market and many more!
Read further to see out 10 top picks shoes for knee pain relief.
Our Top Shoes For Knee Pain Relief
Which Shoes Work?
Have you ever wondered why your doctor told you to buy knee pain relief shoes?
The reason is the regular shoes might not be effective as knee pain relief shoes.
Apart from the regular shoes, there are some enhanced shoes as well for knee pain which give extra cushioning and special insoles, but research shows that these enhanced shoes are not as effective as knee pain relief shoes.
If you’re having knee pain then don’t go for walking shoes that claim to give relief to your knees.
Because walking shoes are rigid and stiff, and that can become a problem to your normal stride pattern.
If you have knee pain, you need to think beyond a stereotypical stiff leather walking shoe.”
Choose Best Shoes for Knee Pain
If you want to buy shoes from outside this list, you should know below factors when buying any other knee pain relief shoes.
- Cushioning – A good cushioning system allows the foot to move freely throughout the walking cycle, while reducing the impact the knee feels. Look for a shoe that has a rear foot cushioning system that absorbs the impact of hitting the heel and a front foot cushioning system that will reduce impact during the toe phase.
- Spring and Heel Support – It is important to wear shoes that help you maintain your correct position and center of gravity, while distributing your body weight on your foot. The wrong shoes will add pressure to the knees, causing them to misalign, leading to pain and even damage to the knee.
- Supination and Overpronation: Before buying shoes, it is essential to look at the wear pattern of your old shoes to determine if you are supine or overpronating. If your sole is worn indoors, it means that your foot is rolling in and you must wear appropriate footwear for over-approval. If worn outside, your foot rolls outward and you must wear appropriate footwear for pronation, also known as supination.
- Firm Midsoles: Firm midsoles will help reduce shock when walking, reduce knee pain, and prevent injury and damage to the knee.
- Avoid wearing high heels: High heels are one of the main causes of knee pain because they misalign the entire body. If you have a problem with your knees or have problems with your knees, avoid wearing heels as they put unnecessary stress on your feet and knees. Studies show that women who wear heels have 23% more impact on their knees when walking, compared to women who wear shoes without heels.
Best Knee Pain Relief Shoes Reviewed
I will start with the best knee pain relief shoes for women, since women have more knee pain problems than the men.
- Gravity Defyer Proven Pain Relief Women’s G-Defy
One thing I liked the most about this shoe is they have VersoShock technology, that means the shoes absorb shock from the ground up and convert into the renewed positive energy.
You may notice that when you wear new shoes, you feel irritated but with these shoes you will not feel that because of the seamless interior.
If you have plantar fasciitis, then this shoe is best for you as it comes with a front rocker sole.
- Lots of Colors to Choose From
- Removable Insoles
- Made from Fabric and Synthetic
- Super LightWeight
- Curved Footbed
- Small toe box for big wide foot
- Gravity Defyer Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Pain, Knee Pain
It has breathable mesh in the upper side of the shoes.
Like First shoes, this brand also provides VersoShock Feature.
- Extra Depth and Room
- Comes in 6 colors
- Come with two inserts
- Super comfortable
- Little Costly
- OOFOS Women’s OOmg Shoe
If you’re a fan of minimalist then these shoes are best for you as they are designed to reduce stress from your feet, knee and lower back.
You can easily wash in washing machines because of the material it is made from.
The OOFOS Said that they are made in whole sizes, so sizing up if you’re a woman’s half size.
- Moisture and bacteria resistant
- Designed to enable natural motion
- Comes with Three Colors
- Short toe Box
- Vionic Women’s Shoes – Casual Walking Shoes with Concealed Orthotic Arch Support
These shoes have podiatrist designed footbeds built into every pair.
If you want to use it for the casual walking purpose, you can go with this one without thinking!
- Removable Mesh
- Durable Rubber Outsole
- Some feel it’s too stiff for comfort
- Gravity Defyer Women’s G-Defy Orion Athletic Shoes
Gravity defyer is the awesome brand when it comes to making pain relief shoes.
If you don’t like the last version of casual pain relief shoes, you can go with this one.
These shoes are made from calf nubuck leather.
- Light weight
- Extremely Comfortable
- Front rocker Sole
- Two colors only
- Costly compare to features
- Orthofeet Proven Relief of Foot and Heel Pain
Orthofeet claims that whether you have anything out of plantar fasciitis, heel pain, foot pain or neuropathy, you can use these shoes.
Apart from this, there is one thing that I loved about this product and brand is they provide a 60-day wear test, that means, you can wear these shoes for 60 days and see how it affects your pain, if you don’t get the expected result, you can return them easily.
- Extended widths
- Orthotic Insoles
- Multiple cushioning layers
- & many more
- Have to take care while selecting size
- Z-CoiL Pain Relief Shoes
Z – Coil provides patented coil in the heel which reduces the impact by 50%.
They also give you the built-in rigid orthotic protects to support your foot and heel.
- A wide toe box
- Extra Cushioning
- great return policy
- Expensive but worth it
- Not able to purchase half size, ex; you can’t purchase 9.5, you’ve to go for 10 inch wide.
- Gravity Defyer Proven Pain Relief Men’s G-Defy Mighty Walk
Liked Every other Gravity defyer shoes, these shoes also provide versoshock technology.
The shoes have a seamless interior for sensitive feet and diabetic neuropathy to prevent irritation.
- Extra depth and roomy toe box
- Front rocker sole to prevent and relieve plantar fasciitis.
- Comes with 7 colors
- 8+ hours comfort for standing
- some find heel hard and uncomfortable
What Shoes Should You Avoid with Knee Pain?
The wrong shoe can cause additional problems and worsen existing conditions, so it is important to choose the right shoe if you suffer from knee pain. Here are the types of shoes to avoid if you have knee pain:
- Clogs, because they put extra pressure on the knee.
- Barefoot Shoes Of course, these “foot gloves” mimic the feeling of barefoot, but do not provide knee support.
- High heels as high-heeled shoes are bad for everyone’s knees and should be avoided if you have knee pain.
- Extra supportive shoes, because there are too many good things and too much support affects the natural movement of your foot, which is necessary to properly support your knee.
The Bottom Line
It is very important to see and review all of the knee pain relief shoes, you came across online.
Make sure to click and see the product on amazon properly to examine by yourself.
If you’ve any doubt, let me know in the comments.