Here’s some breakfast casserole recipe full with the vegetables that will help you reach your protein goal in the first meal of the day.
Is there anything better than starting your day with a delicious breakfast?
Just this one baking dish gets you a few days’ worth of delicious breakfast.
It travels and scales up pretty nicely, so you can take it along to a weekend brunch.
Packed with protein, this oven-baked Western omelet is chock-full of juicy ham, tangy Greek yogurt, and bright red and green peppers for a tasty on-the-go breakfast.
Ingredients of High Protein Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Extra-virgin olive oil spray
- 6 egg whites, beaten
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 8 ounces fully cooked ham, cubed
- ½ cup (1 medium) diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup (1 medium) diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup (about 1 medium) diced onion
- ¼ cup (about 2) chopped green onion
Direction of High Protein Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat an 8-inch-square baking dish with olive oil spray. Add the egg whites, eggs, yogurt, and water to the dish, and whisk until well-combined.
- Stir in the ham, green and red bell peppers, onion, and green onion until all the ingredients are evenly spread throughout the casserole.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until the eggs have set.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into (4-by-4-inch) pieces and serving.