There are three ways you can burn any fat from your body, Belly fat included in the word “ANY”, it is either calorie deficit, exercise or both.
Many people at first go with an exercise approach and accomplish very little and there is a reason behind it.
But if you’re following a proper calorie deficit diet plan and doing below mentioned exercises for 2 or 3 times a week, you will burn more fat than your other friends.
Before anything, I need to warn you that these exercises will not work if you’re not in a calorie deficit, so if you’re thinking that these exercises will help you to burn that excess belly fat of yours then you should leave this article before reading any further.
Best Exercises to Burn Belly Fat at Home and Gym
One last thing I want to tell you guys is these are not the best and only exercises that can help you to burn belly fat fast.
These are my favourites and according to Exrx.net calorie burned calculator, it burned most calories from the exercise list.
So, if you’re obsessed with the numbers like the number of sets, reps, how much calorie does this exercise burn and how much time should I do it, you can go with these exercises but still if you’re not obsess with those numbers just do any f*cking exercise with the calorie deficit diet and you’re good to go for burning belly fat.
- Jumping rope
- Grasp jump rope handles on each side. Initiate side swing mount or start with rope behind body and swing rope from behind over head.
- Body weight should be balanced on the balls of the feet, with knees slightly bent.
- Swing rope in front of the body, down to floor. Hop as rope travels under feet, and repeat.
- Calorie Burned for 85kg person with 10 min of jump rope: 115 calories
- Stand upright with arms to sides.
- Bend over and squat down. Place hands on the floor, slightly wider than shoulder width.
- While holding the upper body in place, buck hips ups slightly by extending knees and hips, then immediately kick legs back. Land on the forefeet with the body in a straight, plank position.
- Keeping the upper body in place buck hip up and rapidly pull legs forward under the body returning feet in original position.
- Rise up to original standing posture.
- Calorie Burned: 135 to 200 calories in 30 minutes
- Overhead Medicine Ball Slams
Overhead medicine ball slams strengthen your core as it works against gravity.
This exercise also tests your endurance, getting your heart rate up each time you pick the ball up and bring it overhead.
To get the most out of this exercise, be sure to use a heavy weighted ball.
- Standing tall with your feet hip-width apart, hold a medicine ball with both hands.
- Reach both arms overhead, fully extending your body.
- Slam the ball forward and down toward the ground.
- Extend your arms toward the ground as you slam and don’t be afraid to bend your knees as you hinge over.
- Squat to pick the ball up and then stand back up.
- Calorie Burned: 112 to 266 calories in 30 minutes
- BOSU Ball Planks
You know that your cardio sessions are crucial when it comes to burning the layer of fat sitting on top of your abdominal muscles.
It’s more challenging than a normal plank where your hands are on the floor, because the BOSU tests your balance, says Sanford. “When your body tries to find control as your balance is challenged, your abs, obliques, and deep transverse abdominal muscles are activated,” he says. Strengthening these core muscles also helps increase your metabolism, ultimately helping you to burn more calories and fat.
- Flip a BOSU ball on its rubber side and hold onto the edges of the flat surface with both hands, about shoulder-distance apart.
- Hold the plank for 30 to 45 seconds, increasing the time as you get stronger.
- Running On an Incline
Running at an incline rather than on a flat surface has been shown to increase total calorie burn by as much as 50 percent, says Jill Penfold, a Los Angeles-based personal trainer.
Whether you’re outside on a hill or at the gym on an inclined treadmill, start out walking for five to 10 minutes, suggests Penfold. “Your heart rate should elevate pretty quickly as you pick up your pace,” she says.
Try this treadmill workout:
Walk or jog on an incline for five to 10 minutes. Maintain a jog for another five to 10 minutes, then pick your pace up again and start running.
“This doesn’t have to be an all-out sprint,” says Penfold, but you should be working hard enough that you can’t carry a conversation.
Spend five minutes running, then drop your pace back down to a jog.
Continue alternating with five to 10 minutes of jogging and five to 10 minutes of running for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Squat jumps
- Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart, toes pointing slightly outwards.
- Inhale as you lower your hips back and down gently into your standard squat, aiming to keep your thighs slightly higher than your knees.
- Then, exhale and explode into the air with as much power as you can, driving hard with your legs and pushing yourself further upwards with the balls of your feet.
- Your body should be poker-straight while you’re in the air, and your hands should be above your head – keep your core engaged to prevent your body from rotating.
- Land with your legs slightly bent before controlling your gentle descent back down into the squat position.
- Golden 5 Exercises
Golden 5 exercises are the exercises that work all body parts when you train them.
There are a total 5 exercises in this list and that’s why people told them “GOLDEN 5” because you can train with them for the rest of your life and still burn fat and grow muscles.
- Bench Press
- Overhead Shoulder Press
- Pull Ups
These exercises burn more calories than any other exercise out there.
So if you don’t want to do the above mentioned high intensity cardio exercises you can do these 5 weight training exercises and you will burn belly fat fast.
I talked about these golden 5 exercises in detail in this article along with a few workouts that you can do with these exercises, so it would be worth your time if you check it out!
Now you know the best exercises that I believe will burn the most of your belly fat at home with of course a proper calorie deficit diet, you can implement them on every single day or one exercise at one day.
This exercise is high intensity exercise, so if you’re a beginner just do each exercise each day and focus on your resistance training since exercise can not outrank diet when it comes to fat loss.
Doubts? Thoughts? Comments? Drop Them Below